Mango salsa recipe-without cilantro is a great tasting recipe packed full of vitamins and minerals. Cilantro is an herb that has a flavor many find to be a bit too strong, however many Mexican recipes call for it. Mango salsa is definitely a recipe that is full of wonderful flavors all of its own, and does not require the strong, somewhat offensive taste of cilantro. Try making this mango salsa recipe without cilantro to accompany lime chicken dishes, or use on your burrito or taco’s.
Wiki answers inform us, the tropics, such as Africa, South-East Asia and India are where mangoes are grown. They also tell us they come from Australia; however, they omit Mexico produces and ships mangoes to the U.S.A.
The mango is a power packed fruit of Vitamins C and A, they also are a great supply of potassium, therefore combining the mango with ginger, lime and red peppers to this make mango salsa recipe one healthy vitamin packed recipe.
In ¼ cup of lime juice there is a mere 15 calories and 46.7 % vitamin C. According to World's Healthiest Foods, “limes are an excellent source of vitamin C, one of the most important antioxidants in nature. Vitamin C is one of the main antioxidants found in food and the primary water-soluble antioxidant in the body. Vitamin C travels through the body neutralizing any free radicals with which it comes into contact in the aqueous environments in the body both inside and outside cells. Free radicals can interact with the healthy cells of the body, damaging them and their membranes, and also cause a lot of inflammation, or painful swelling, in the body.”
Therefore infusing the tastes of mangoes and lime will make this mango salsa recipe have a one two punch in vitamin C defense for our bodies.
Ingredients needed for Mango Salsa Recipe-without cilantro:
- 1-2 tablespoonfuls of Lime Juice; fresh lime or concentrate
- 2 cups mango, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped, diced or minced*
- ½ cup of Vidalia or red onion; chopped, diced or minced
- ½-teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ¼ Himalayan salt
- ½-teaspoon of black or white pepper
- Squeeze the juice from the lime if using a fresh lime; if not, lime concentrate will work just as well.
- Using a big cutting board cut the mango away from the seed and then dice into the size pieces you prefer.
- De-seed the red bell pepper, chop, dice or mince the pepper into preferred size pieces.
- Clean the onion removing the outer skin and dice.
- Using large measuring cup or bowl, combine all ingredients until completely blended. Refrigerate until used.
- Grill your lime chicken or lime chicken kebabs on a DeLonghi Grill and serve the mango salsa with it.
- *1 cup of red peppers in this author’s opinion makes this mango salsa recipe without cilantro even better.